Fri02Sep2016Sun04Sep2016University City Seventh-Day Adventist Church
You might be a parent if…
…you sleep in until 6 a.m. and then start wondering how on earth 6 a.m. became sleeping in.
…you have lowered your expectations of little Johnny becoming President to little Johnny becoming someone who flushes the toilet.
…the only way you ever see your teen is by turning off the WiFi and waiting for them to show up.
Parents can never have enough knowledge when it comes to raising children! Please join us September 2-4, 2016, for a weekend of learning how to be a godly parent.
Childcare and food will be provided. Schedule TBA. Please contact Mark Waugh at 240-291-5072 for more information.
Wed07Sep2016University City Seventh-Day Adventist Church
Are you looking for a place where your kids can develop a relationship with God, meet new friends, be a blessing to others, learn useful skills and experience adventure in the outdoors? Then, come on over and check out the University City SDA Adventurer and Pathfinder Clubs!
- Meetings are usually on 1st and 3rd Weds; Sept - May. Also, one Sat or Sun activity planned/month.
- Adventurers meet from 6:30 - 8 pm and will have programs for Little Lambs (age 4), Eager Beavers (age 5) & Adventurers (age 6-9).
- Pathfinders meet from 6 - 8 pm for youth beginning with 5th grade (or age 10) through teens.
- Healthy snacks will be provided at each meeting and sign-ups are requested from parents to assist with supplying those. Plan to eat supper before coming to the meeting.
- Complete and bring the attached registration & health form to the first meeting along with appropriate fee(s):
- Adventurer - $25
- Pathfinder (new member) - $80 - includes uniforms.
- Pathfinder (returning member) - $40
- Pathfinder T-shirts - $10
- If you would like your child to be a part of either club, please send an e-mail to the director(s) before our first meeting: Adventurer Club Director (Luis Montiel): email@example.com. Pathfinder Club Director (Kathy Russell): firstname.lastname@example.org.
We want all parents to be involved in some form in our clubs (such as by sharing a devotional, helping with providing snacks, teaching an honor, helping with classwork, driving and chaperoning, helping with club events and field trips, etc.). Our clubs are volunteer-led and are meant to provide blessings for the whole family. So, please be ready and willing to share some of your time by helping to make the clubs a successful experience for all the kids! If you have any questions and would like to talk with either club director by phone, please call the following numbers: Luis Montiel (704) 293-2791 or Kathy Russell (704) 641-1167.
We look forward to a great year ahead!
--Luis Montiel & Kathy Russell
Fri27Jan2017Sat28Jan20176:00 pmUniversity City Seventh-Day Adventist Church
Mon17Jul2017Fri21Jul20176:30 pmUniversity City SDA Church
Are You Ready For The Maker Fun Factory?
A world where curious kids become hands-on inventors who discover they're lovingly crafted by God.
Each day at Maker Fun Factory VBS, kids travel through fun filled stations that reinforce relevant Bible Points and immerse kids in new adventures.
Who: This adventure is for kids ages 4 year old (by 7/17/2017 & fully potty trained) through 6th grade.
When: Daily, from 07/17/2017 to 07/21/2017, 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Location: University City SDA CHurch, 11431 University City Boulevard, Charlotte, NC 28213-9254
Registration: To save time on opening night, bring a completed Registration Form for each child attending.
Sun23Jul201711:00 am - 3:30 pmUniversity City SDA Church
Let's show our community how much we care and save lives too!
Register today to donate blood
Click here to go to our American Red Cross blood drive registration page and then click "More Details" under the church address. Slots are available every 15 minutes during the time above. If you can't donate but want to show your support, volunteers are needed.
Contact: Randi Purvis at email@example.com or 704-698-5290.
When: Sunday, 07/23/2017, 11:00 am - 3:30 pm
Location: University City SDA CHurch, 11431 University City Boulevard, Charlotte, NC 28213-9254
Sun17Sep2017Sat23Sep2017University City Seventh-day Adventist Church
In a world of 24/7 work and activity, Sabbath is more relevant and needed than ever before. This ancient practice of resting for an entire day each week will add peace and delight to your life. Come learn what the Bible teaches about Sabbath. September 17-22, 2017 nightly 7:00-8:00 PM. Childcare for ages 3-9 will be provided.
Sunday, September 17, 2017 - Sabbath as Rest
Monday, September 18, 2017 - Sabbath as Holy Day
Tuesday, September 19, 2017 - Sabbath and the Gospel
Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - Sabbath and Sunday
Thursday, September 21, 2017 - Sabbath and Prophecy
Friday, September 22, 2017 - Sabbath and Creation
And an extra session on Saturday, September 23, 2017 at 11:00 AM - Sabbath in Eternity
Presented by Ryan Ashlock, Pastor of the University City Seventh-day Adventist Church, who has cultivated the habit of Sabbath keeping all his life.
All are invited to attend. Come and bring a friend.
Sun24Sep20178:00 amCharlotte, NC
Run for health for yourself and others. Proceeds from the Inspire 5K go to help the work of Lily Pad Haven in Charlotte, a nonprofit that provides housing for survivors of human trafficking. The course is the McAlpine Creek Cross Country 5K. Race begins September 24, 2017 at 8:00 AM.
- Be inspired and inspire others.
- Run for your own health.
- Bring a friend.
- Raise money for a good cause. Proceeds from the Inspire 5K go to help the work of Lily Pad Haven in Charlotte, North Carolina, a nonprofit that provides housing for survivors of human trafficking.
Register at http://inspire.itsyourrace.com
Registration (through September 10) is $25
Late registration is $30
- The beautiful and fast McAlpine Creek 5K Cross Country Course
- T-shirts for all participants who register before September 10
- Medals for top finishers
- Live results
- Fun for the whole family! There will be a 1 Mile Fun Run (not timed, no pre-registration required) during the 5K.
The Inspire 5K is hosted by the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Tue13Mar2018Sat17Mar20187:00 pmUniversity City SDA Church
If God is good, why is there so much pain and injustice in the world?
Pastor Ryan Ashlock will explore this question as he presents this 5 part series on God's character.
Sat31Mar20189:30 amUniversity City SDA ChurchThis Sabbath, March 31, 2018, is Community Service Sabbath at the University City Seventh-day Adventist Church. Please take note of the following:
- Sabbath Schools will meet on their normal schedule: Song Service at 9:30 AM, Classes from 9:45-10:45 AM.
- There will be a short (10-15 minute) worship service at 11 AM. We will leave from the worship service for the various service projects (except for those taking the morning shift at Servant's Heart - see below).
- Make sure you have a plan for lunch since it will not be provided for you. We recommend bringing a sack lunch - something that is portable and easy to eat on the go.
- Dress for activity and service, not for sitting in church. It's supposed to be sunny with temperatures in the 60's at around noon. Jeans and sweatshirts are just fine.
- There are at least three major projects you can participate in:
We are looking forward to serving with you on Sabbath!
- Make care packages for the homeless (packages to be delivered at a future date) - this group will stay at the church. This option probably has the most flexibility. Stay for 30 minutes or an hour or two. No need to bring supplies as they will be provided.
- Feed the homeless. This option involves putting together some nice sack lunches and then taking them to Uptown for distribution. We will be making 50 lunch bags for our homeless neighbors that will include: 2 sandwiches, chips, dessert, fruit, water and soda. Assembly of the bags will take place at the church then we will take them to downtown to pass them out. Please be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes.
If you are planning to participate, please use the following sign up sheet to indicate what supplies you will bring: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0b4fa5aa22a4fc1-homeless
- Sort donations and clean at Servant's Heart in Mint Hill. Servant's Heart is a ministry that provides assistance to those in need and they operate a "Community Boutique" thrift store. Volunteers are needed for two different shifts: 10 AM - 1:30 PM and 1:15 PM - 5:30 PM. The address for Servant's Heart is 9229 Lawyers Rd, Mint Hill and it is next to the Dollar General.
Mon17Sep2018Fri21Sep2018University City SDA Church
Have you ever struggled? Have you ever wondered:
How could a good God allow evil?
If God exists why doesn't He fix the problems in our lives and in our world?
Is demon possession real and how scared should I be of the devil?
Does prayer make a difference?
Plan now to attend a seminar series at the University City Seventh-day Adventist Church that will address these questions.
- Monday PM, September 17 - Eldo Haynes - Why Was Sin Permitted?
- Tuesday PM, September 18 - Sean Hunter - Surviving through Prayer
- Thursday PM, September 20 - Louis DesChamps - Spiritual Warfare
- Friday PM, September 21 - Beth Grissom - The Problem of Pain
Sat29Sep20186:30 pmUniversity City SDA Church
Sat30Mar20196:30 PM – 9:40 PMUniversity City Seventh-day Adventist Church
Identity with guest speaker Jon Jorgenson is an event for youth ages 14-21. There will be live music, food concessions, and the spoken word with opportunity for interaction with Jon Jorgenson. Doors open at 6 PM.
Jon Jorgenson is an author, speaker, and spoken word poet whose YouTube videos have been viewed by more than 15 million people. Jon partners with numerous organizations including Awana International, Moody Bible Institute, the Willow Creek Association, and hundreds of other churches, colleges, and conferences all over the globe. His spoken word poetry provides a dynamic and creative experience that captures the imagination of audiences everywhere. As a former Broadway actor, Chicago native, and very lucky husband, Jon hopes to provide a fresh, unique voice to some of life’s most difficult and challenging questions. More information about Jon is available at his website: http://www.jonjorgensonblog.com/
Identity is produced by Aspire, a group of Christian youth and young adults in Charlotte, North Carolina who are committed to following Jesus Christ.
Register at www.EventBrite.com
Registration (through March 30) is $10